Last Updated on 01 January 2023 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy
The DMCA The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)
Creates a standardized process for copyright holders (including software developers) to ask Baz Porter® LLC to take down infringing content. You can find more information about the DMCA on the U.S. Copyright Office's official website.
As with all legal matters, it is always best to consult a professional about your questions or situation. We strongly encourage you to do so before taking action that might impact your rights. Our guides are NOT legal advice and shouldn't be taken as such.
The DMCA requires that you swear to the facts in your notice of infringement under penalty of perjury. It is a federal crime to lie in a sworn declaration intentionally. (See U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 1621). Submitting false information could also result in civil liability and getting sued for monetary damages.
Millions of users and organizations pour their hearts and souls into the content they create using Baz Porter® LLC. Filing a DMCA notice of infringement against such is a serious legal allegation that carries real consequences for real people. Because of that, we ask that you conduct a thorough investigation and consult with an attorney before submitting a takedown request to ensure the use isn't permissible. A significant first step before sending us a takedown notice is to contact the user directly.
No Automated Bots
You should have a trained professional evaluate the facts of every takedown notice you send. If you outsource your efforts to a third party, ensure you know how they operate and that they are not using automated bots to submit notices in bulk. These notices often need to be more valid and process their results in needlessly taking down content.
Any user affected by your takedown notice may decide to submit a counter-notice. If they do, we will re-enable their content within 14 days unless you notify us that you have initiated a legal action seeking to restrain the user from engaging in infringing activity relating to the content on Baz Porter®LLC.
Baz Porter® LLC exercises little discretion in the process other than determining whether the notices meet the minimum requirements of the DMCA. It is up to the parties (and their lawyers) to evaluate the merit of their claims, bearing in mind that notices must be made under penalty of perjury.
DMCA Takedown Notice
If someone else uses your copyrighted content unauthorizedly on Decentral Publishing, please notify [email protected]. You may include an attachment if you like, but please include a plain-text version of your letter in the body of your message. Please include the following information in the notice: To submit a notification of claimed copyright infringement, you will need to provide us with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will suffice) of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a link to your original work or clear description of the materials allegedly being infringed upon);
- Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Twitter to locate the material on our website or services;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and
- A statement that the information in the complaint is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. If you must send your notice by physical mail, you can do that too, but it will take substantially longer for us to receive and respond. Notices we receive via plain-text email have a much faster turnaround than PDF attachments or physical mail.
If you still wish to mail us your notice, our physical address is:
Attention Legal Department DMCA Notice
PO Box 574
201 Coffman Street Longmont
By submitting a DMCA notice via our form, email, or physical mail, you acknowledge that a copy of your DMCA submission disclosing all information provided may be shared with the accused party. DMCA Counter-Notice: If you believe your content on bazporter.com was mistakenly disabled by a DMCA takedown request, you have the right to contest the takedown by submitting a counter-notice.
Before you begin, please ensure you can answer the requirements for DMCA counter-notification. As stated above, you may also submit a counter notice by e-mail or physical mail.